Saturday, September 3, 2011

i've got my spine i've got my orange crush

i've been a little unhappy with my bedroom lately. it's probably the most "finished" room in our house yet i feel like it's missing something, like maybe it's a little to matching, that there's not enough contrast...





I don't want to change the paint, I love the gray. Unfortunately, I can't change the floors (no $$!) but I've been thinking about wall paper on the wall behind the bed, losing the black, layering in some warm wood pieces and maybe some pops of orange, gold and deep inky blue.

Some inspiration shots:

bedrooms - orange black gray white ivory tufted headboard bed white mirror black chest nightstand dresser white gourd lamp silk orange black chair orange white art gilt gold frame ivory faux fur throw blanket gray walls
(decorpad.com)

(urbanjane.blogspot.com)


(urbanjane.blogspot.com)

(urbanjane.blogspot.com)

we'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Ha, lyrics. I always thought it was I got my Sprite, I got my orange crush. Like the pop connection. :)
    I like the idea of the inky blue and orange. My big bedroom goal is a headboard I can relax against, something soft and cushiony. Just need to find one that goes with a bed I like.

    ReplyDelete