Friday, August 26, 2011

do I have to boycott IKEA?

So I saw on twitter that the founder of IKEA has possible "deep" Nazi ties.

I hope it's not true because I really don't want to have to boycott IKEA. I love IKEA, I love the aesthetic, I love the price. When the catalog arrives it's like Christmas and I start planning room by room transformations. Of course, I never get around to doing it but every year a few pieces manage to find their way into my home.

The items on this year's wishlist:

MANDAL 6-drawer dresser, birch, white Width: 54 3/4 " Depth: 18 7/8 " Height: 31 1/8 "  Width: 139 cm Depth: 48 cm Height: 79 cm
The Mandal 6 drawer dresser for it's minimalist design and its solid wood
KARLSTAD Loveseat and chaise lounge, Blekinge white Width: 96 1/8 " Min. depth: 36 5/8 " Max. depth: 62 1/4 " Height: 31 1/2 " Seat height: 17 3/4 "  Width: 244 cm Min. depth: 93 cm Max. depth: 158 cm Height: 80 cm Seat height: 45 cm
Karlstad loveseat with chaise - because every family room needs a sectional - just not the overstuffed kind from the 80's.
BAROMETER Floor/reading lamp, nickel plated Height: 57 " Base diameter: 10 " Shade diameter: 6 " Cord length: 7 ' 3 "  Height: 146 cm Base diameter: 26 cm Shade diameter: 16 cm Cord length: 2.2 m
Barometer reading lamp


EIVOR KVIST Cushion, multicolor Length: 22 " Width: 22 " Filling weight: 18 oz Total weight: 19 oz  Length: 55 cm Width: 55 cm Filling weight: 500 g Total weight: 550 g

Eivor Kvist cushion - so fun

and well a new kitchen would be nice but it's just going to have to wait...sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment