Saturday, July 23, 2011

in the mix

There was a time when the thought of mixing woods or metals would have stopped me cold. The thought of light and dark wood together in the same room or gold and silver made me shudder. I have relaxed considerably in this regard.

I still think there need to be some restraint for continuity but I now see that mixed tones can be beautiful and add to that collected over time and eclectic look. Once I got my glass topped brass table home i realized that i don't need to do a thing to it.

These pics were my inspiration.



The lamps, tables and Bertoia stools all different metals. (photo houseandhome.com)



Sabrina Linn's apartment - gold tones can be beautiful and modern (photo: escapadeblog.com)


(fashionableinteriors.blogspot.com)

I still have to style my console. It's a bit bare at the moment but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment