Saturday, February 12, 2011

And I still haven't found what I'm looking for

At mom and dad's. Spent most of today going through various storage containers and filing cabinets in search of some papers on Donnie (my long gone half bro).

I didn't find what I was looking for, at least not what I set out to find but I did find a few photos, a letter from his mom to my grandmother shortly after his death. And a painting (meant for him, not painted by him).

I learned he wanted to be an architect. That he was thoughtful, quiet and reserved. He hAd lots of friends. At least it's something.

I also have a phone number but it is ancient and probably a crapshoot. How many people other than my parents live in the same house for 20+ years?
Now I just have to get the courage to call.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I think I'm going to find out. What I want to find out or why I even want to, what I think it's going to accomplish...I mean I am quite literally chasing a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment