Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the best thing you can do is hang around a while

back at work. back into routine. busy but different busy than being off with the kids.

I'm sitting admiring my new coffee table and buffet (pics below). so happy with how they turned out.

I have to work super late tomorrow night to do a bunch of HST program testing so we're ready for Friday. As sucky as it is, I'd rather stay tomorrow night than have to go into work on Thursday.

contemplating a trip to Deacon this weekend if the weather is going to be good. We'll see how the next couple of days go. (Pen, I'll keep you posted)



and now

I just got the lamp for $25 online from these guys who specialize in mid-century mod stuff. The shade I got at Walmart - not entirely perfect but for $15 it will do for now.

I also kind of wish the buffet was a little longer and this mirror (which is actually supposed to go with the vanity for the powder room which we bought last year and have yet to install) was a little larger but it all works enough for now.

On to the family room - though that will require some new (new used) furniture so that will have to wait a little longer. For now I`ll probably just do up some new pillows etc.

And of course, all of this will look so much better once we have beautiful hardwood floors. Probably a darker mid-tone walnut colour. Don`t want to be too pale (though I love the bleached oak that is currently popular) or too dark which I also think will start to look dated very soon.

All in good time. Must learn to be content with what I have which, really I am. I`m just happy I seem to be able to create some pretty decent stuff out of not much and with very little cash.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, Yeah, let me know the plans. I'm heading up tomorrow at about 10:00 so call your Mom's or send email to my work address,

    ReplyDelete