Saturday, December 26, 2009

there's gonna be a heartache tonight, a heartache tonight, i know

oh balls. i was video taping Nate singing along to the Eagles (as covered by Birds of Prey) in the car today but dummy me wasn't actually taping.

actually most of the Christmas video i thought i was taping, i wasn't and vice versa. perhaps i should have read the manual first. oh well.

back in Ottawa after very very hectic and somewhat stressful Christmas at Mom & Dad's. had a couple of good visits with Ange and Colleen but as always the kids were out of sorts. they never sleep well the first night which just seems to put me in a foul mood. Jay was a bit cranky too so Christmas day was kind of nightmarish or at least it seemed like it at the time. in retrospect it wasn't really all that bad.

i never ever thought in a million years that i would reconsider going to Deacon at Christmas but i have to say this year has planted the seed so to speak. we'll see. perhaps with time and a little perspective.

that being said. we are so incredibly blessed and i'm thankful that were were able to gather as a family and share good food and lots of wine! the kids had lots of presents under the tree and i didn't make out too badly myself.

this is also a long time coming too but i think that i have finally realized that Mom & Dad's is not my home. this is. and, as nice as it is to be able to go there and visit i was very thankful to come home today.

well, Nate is calling me to read Green Eggs and Ham.

hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Well, despite the fact that I loved seeing everybody, I was feeling the same way yesterday after my trip home. Supposed to leave Ottawa at 1:00, then Toronto at 4:00. Flight to Toronto is cancelled. All other flights that would get me there for my connection are full. Best she can do is through Winnipeg (!!!) leaving at 5:30, which at that point is 6 hours away.
    Six hours later flight to the Peg is over an hour late and I had only 40 minutes to connect. First it's too icy to pull up to the gate then we wait 30 minutes to de-ice. Land in Winnipeg and they've held the flight to Van for us. Glad I didn't have to stay overnight there but still I was about 4 hours late getting home.