Tuesday, May 19, 2009

life goes easy on me, most of the time

i had my (well, the kids) play-date today with the woman from playgroup. we went over to her house and then a local park.

it was a nice time but with six kids in total, there isn't much time to actually carry on a conversation. sure did tire Nate and Mags out though!

i have started a contractor search to help with some projects around the house. i know that we could do a couple ourselves i.e. the fireplace surround but we don't have the time to do it and it is beginning to be a hazard with Mags rolling around.

i want to find someone good, obviously, but for something like the surround i don't care if it is just a mr. handyman looking to make a little extra cash so long as he knows what he's doing but for the bigger stuff i think i want someone "legit" so to speak. i've watched too many Holmes on Home episodes.

got my checklist ready to go so hopefully i can find someone. checking references will be key.

i semi-officially asked my work to consider a 4 day work week. i haven't even begun to consider what it would mean financially yet because i didn't want to get my hopes up too much in the event they turn me down. childcare will be the big money suck for sure. we could probably live on Jay's salary alone come October but if i don't go back to work it would mean i have to pay back my top up which is somewhere in the $8k neighbourhood. But, more importantly, i still want to work. i like my job, its not just a job its a career but i do want more time with my kids - at least for a couple of years.

so, i guess all i can do right now is pray about it. fingers crossed so to speak.

well, i think i might start priming the coffee table - got three furniture projects on the go...

No comments:

Post a Comment