Friday, September 23, 2011

Oh when the Saints...

I've been off work all week with a nasty case of strep throat. It's not often I don't feel like being productive! So, I've been forced to watch an awful lot of t.v. including HBO's Treme.

So, inspired by the New Orleans setting I started looking into Shotgun houses, an architectural staple of the city.

Small, efficient and from the outside, so freaking cute.



(www.candychang.com)



(www.offcite.org)



(www.prcno.org)



(www.dezeen.com)



(www.trustsea.com)

1 comment:

  1. I like. I remember seeing these homes pre-Katrina on one of the original home shows - This Old House - on PBS.
    So further to your post below I wanted to tell you about a friend's condo that I saw yesterday. In some ways it was spectacular. About 1300 square feet and an amazing outdoor space on two levels probably totalling at least as much. The building is near where we went for propane if you remember that. On a bit of a rise with views of downtown with the North Shore mountains in the background and also out to English Bay. I admit I did covet. But the thing relevant to your post is, although it was not builder beige, it was kind "designer beige". She worked with a designer and although I really liked the look it was I guess just all too the same, all too a bit Restoration Hardware. Not to trash my friend in any way, like I said I really liked it. And she's a VP at a mining company and works really hard and travels a lot. So I think she just doesn't really have time to devote to decorating. My point is that you can tell when a space is personal and when it's not, no matter how beautiful or not it is. I still totally want her condo by the way!

    ReplyDelete