Friday, August 12, 2011

a little look for less for you - Chatelaine Sept 2011 Bedroom Makeover

I love Chatelaine magazine. I find it is the perfect blend of fashion, home, food, health and current events.

This month's issue features a blue bedroom with hits of brass and gold that I love but the price tag is a little steep (hello, $700 for a table lamp from Elte!) which may not be achievable for everyone. So, I thought I would scout some similar pieces to help achieve the same look but for less.

The photos of the finished room are not yet up on Chatelaine.com but I found these on www.themarionhousebook.com who is the designer (check out her site!)

the semi-finished room:


The fabric palette and paint (Down Pour Blue from Benjamin Moore)


My web finds for the look for less!

Roundabout Rug from CB2 (which at $699 is half the price of the Madeline Weinrib)


Table lamp from Sears.ca - a steal at $90 (compared to $575)


Second table lamp Hampton Bay "Edward Collection" from The Home Depot $129 (compared to $665)


"World Imports" hanging fixture from The Home Depot $160 (compared to $889)

\

Orange lacquer tray from West Elm $30
Indira bedspread from IKEA $30
Wall Art from Sears.ca $80 (compared to $1250)


Throw cushion from IKEA about $7

With a little research, you can achieve just about any look at any price point.


No comments:

Post a Comment