Monday, July 18, 2011

once and a while i surprise myself

Last weekend our vacuum broke and the repair place is conveniently located by the fabric store. I went in not really looking for anything in particular and found some fantastic graphic prints in an indoor/outdoor fabric on sale for $5.00 a yard because they were "unsuitable" for sewing. Well, they seemed just fine for stapling!



Don't get me wrong - the chairs are still ugly but at least they are cheery and look better than they did before.

I also recovered my beloved vanity bench. This little bench has been in my life as long as I can remember. For the first 20 years or so it was, judging by the bad vinyl re-upholstery job and paint splatter, used as a step stool for household projects but it also came out every Thanksgiving and Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's for one of the kids to sit on.

When my Grandpa decided to sell her house she told all of the Grandchildren we could pick something. My sister picked the bench which she then gifted to me.

Sadly, I don't think I have a before before picture but here is the change made last week.


and, after


A rather productive day don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Very productive indeed. Really like both fabrics. I think I will finally get the last coat on the last bit of my deck this weekend as it's supposed to be sunny. Then I start the chest redo project.
    Been clicking on the ads for you. :)

    ReplyDelete