Friday, November 26, 2010

money, it's a drag

Jay got on my case about not saving as much money as i should be. This is a somewhat fair statement.

I admit that I've been blowing dough on convenience lately and probably filling some holes too.

Apparently, the key to combating this is to count your blessings.

I am thankful for:

my beautiful children
a husband
my family, immediate and extended
my health, my family's health
that i live in Canada
that i have a job and a fairly well paying job at that
that i have a house
the first cup of coffee in the morning

Today in particular I'm thankful that I got to work without any major incidents save for thinking the back doors were frozen shut when really they were just locked and wasting a half hour of my day. At least I had a good laugh.

Non material things I wish I had - more friends close by...


1 comment:

  1. Are you saving for anything special? I'm feeling sort of the same but more that I need to be careful given I don't know what I will be facing financially soon. Not that I'm going crazy but I'm just more conscious of everything I spend now.

    I agree with your bottom six. I'd add running on the seawall, my cats, that I can see the ocean from my deck.

    I wish I had more friends and family close by. And of course that I wasn't going through this. But it helps to remember all the things that are good.

    ReplyDelete