Tuesday, February 9, 2010

and so i'll pour myself the stiffest drink my stomach can stand

ugh, most miserable couple of days.

Superbowl Sunday, everything was going great. I noticed that I wasn't totally feeling the tacos but figured it was because I had just watched some particularly gross episodes of Hoarders.

By 6:45 I was curled up in fetal position on the floor. By 7:30 I was puking up tacos. So not pleasant. I hate puking. I mean, I don't know that there are many people who enjoy it but it pretty much sends shivers down my spine. And so the rest of the night went like this, puke, feel ok for an hour or so, repeat. The best part was, well, i won't get into that but lets just say there was a toilet and a bucket involved.

It went on until about 2:00am.

In the morning I took the kids to daycare, came home and slept until noon when I got the inevitable call from daycare - Mags is puking etc. At this point I was barely functioning. Yesterday was the hardest 6 hours I've gone through in a long time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing sucks harder than taking care of sick kids when you yourself are sick.

And of course, the timing could not have been more perfect, Jay left yesterday on a business trip so I was left to deal with this on my own. Hardcore suckdom.

By last night things were getting better though, I even managed some food and Mags slept mostly ok. Nate woke up a couple times with nightmares (pretty sure he was missing Daddy). So it was not a great night but I did manage to get some sleep.

Against my better judgement I tried to take them to daycare this morning but she mistook Nate's laxative laced poop for the runs and sent them home. Though in fairness it was probably a good idea since I think I've already infected her husband by taking Maggie there yesterday.

Hopefully things will be back to normal tomorrow. At least it was a short-lived bug.

I've spent most of today disinfecting everything with lysol wipes and the wash machine has been going non-stop.

Well, Mags is up from her nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment