Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'll shoot, you run

I'm starting to feel as though all I do is complain on here...

Yesterday the chimney repair people came to replace the chase cap on the chimney enclosure (basically just a piece of flashing over the top). The old one was damaged and leaking.

As they were fixing it, the actual chimney pipe came crashing down onto our brand new gas fireplace. There is now a huge dent - or rather, the top of the FP is caved in.

What followed was much swearing, multiple phone calls and a he said/she said game between the FP installalers and the chimney repair company. The latter complaining that the former should have supported the remaining chimney when they installed the FP and the former complaining that the latter should have checked before messing around.

I don't care who is at fault. All I care about is whether my fireplace still works and if not who is going to replace it because I can tell you I sure as heck am not going to.

It was a very stressful day. Hopefully things will get resolved today. The chimney company manager is coming over.

However, the day was not a total loss. I went to Walmart and purchased various bags of top-soil, mulch and river rock and our front yard is now looking a little more polished. Was going to go to Richmond Nursery today for some flowers and shrubs but its raining so we'll see. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment