Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i put a whip to the kick-drum but the music's never loud enough

What a day. Must be the early rising sun, the kids were up at 6:12am. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and Nate did his best to make me want to lock him in his room and throw away the key.

I had to give myself a couple time outs today for fear of tanning his hide. In retrospect he wasn't even being that bad but he sure does know how to get a rise out of me.

He also seems to be outgrowing his nap - this is tantamount to torture in my eyes.

Oh well, things can't stay the same forever and all he has to do is sing a couple bars of twinkle little star or Jesus loves me and I melt and all is forgiven.

I had my second and most likely last appointment with the therapist today. Apparently I'm not messed up enough to warrent further professional help which is good, I guess. I actually kind of liked spilling my guts to a complete stranger who is bound by confidentiality rules (not that really I have anything worthy of confidentiality).

Fortunately he didn't ask how the running was going...it isn't. I also had a grande decaf mocha and a slice of lemon poppy seed cake for dinner (my appointment was at 6:00).

Well, I should go and have a healthy bed-time snack. Something that involves fruit and/or vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment